Hello my lovelies,
This is a quick mid-week recipe that is always a favourite for when friends pop around for a chat or for little people asking for something between lunch and dinner. It actually originates from Rachel Allen, then a friend of my Mum’s who gave me the basis needed for this. So, I hope you make this and enjoy doing so too. Take care though because it is a very hot mixture!
- 1 small 375g tin of condensed milk
- 100g butter
- 450g of light brown sugar or caster sugar
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- Line an inch (or more) deep pan with a couple of layers of tinfoil
- Then place all of the ingredients into a heavy bottomed saucepan and put onto a high heat
- Stir constantly
- When the mix comes to boiling continue to stir for 5-10 minutes, but the length really only changes the colour and thickens the texture of the fudge
- Once you’re happy with the look then take it off the heat and immediately place the base into a shallow sink of cold water while stirring constantly, until a toffee like consistently
- Pour out into the pan and let cool
- Before the fudge hardens roughly trace squares out with a knife so that it will be easier to cut into tablet squares when it is cool
I hope you all enjoy this and that it will become a favourite of yours, which you can play with different variations.
With all my love,